msgthr user+dev discussion/patches/pulls/bugs/help
 help / color / Atom feed
* Re: [BUG] missing file
       [not found] <CANKvuDdE2snMe5cMNN6acDAyqTn6DtAj5fGXG=nhBoJhEJhgww@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-01-23 20:09 ` Eric Wong
  2018-01-23 20:22   ` Dimid Duchovny
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2018-01-23 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dimid Duchovny; +Cc: msgthr-public

Dimid Duchovny <dimidd@gmail.com> wrote:
> msgthr.gemspec reads a file named '.manifest', but it's missing from the
> repo:
> File.read('.manifest').split(/\n/)

It's generated from the GNUmakefile: make .manifest

It carried over from times before everybody had git, maybe it's
unnecessary now and `git ls-files` is enough.

I usually just type: "make gem"  or "make install-gem"

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] missing file
  2018-01-23 20:09 ` [BUG] missing file Eric Wong
@ 2018-01-23 20:22   ` Dimid Duchovny
  2018-01-23 20:51     ` Dimid Duchovny
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Dimid Duchovny @ 2018-01-23 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: msgthr-public

2018-01-23 22:09 GMT+02:00 Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>:
> Dimid Duchovny <dimidd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> msgthr.gemspec reads a file named '.manifest', but it's missing from the
>> repo:
>> File.read('.manifest').split(/\n/)
>
> It's generated from the GNUmakefile: make .manifest
>
> It carried over from times before everybody had git, maybe it's
> unnecessary now and `git ls-files` is enough.
>
> I usually just type: "make gem"  or "make install-gem"

Thanks, I've missed it. I just used 'gem build'

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] missing file
  2018-01-23 20:22   ` Dimid Duchovny
@ 2018-01-23 20:51     ` Dimid Duchovny
  2018-01-23 20:57       ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Dimid Duchovny @ 2018-01-23 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: msgthr-public

2018-01-23 22:22 GMT+02:00 Dimid Duchovny <dimidd@gmail.com>:
> 2018-01-23 22:09 GMT+02:00 Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>:
>> Dimid Duchovny <dimidd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> msgthr.gemspec reads a file named '.manifest', but it's missing from the
>>> repo:
>>> File.read('.manifest').split(/\n/)
>>
>> It's generated from the GNUmakefile: make .manifest
>>
>> It carried over from times before everybody had git, maybe it's
>> unnecessary now and `git ls-files` is enough.
>>
>> I usually just type: "make gem"  or "make install-gem"
>
> Thanks, I've missed it. I just used 'gem build'

BTW, I've noticed you're using `rdoc -f oldweb`.
Shouldn't there be some check to make sure olddoc is installed?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] missing file
  2018-01-23 20:51     ` Dimid Duchovny
@ 2018-01-23 20:57       ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2018-01-23 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dimid Duchovny; +Cc: msgthr-public

Dimid Duchovny <dimidd@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, I've noticed you're using `rdoc -f oldweb`.
> Shouldn't there be some check to make sure olddoc is installed?

Shouldn't matter unless you're publishing to the website.

If you want to just browse locally, just use "rdoc" if you're
happy with the default theme.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* [Bug] missing file
@ 2018-01-23 20:04 " Dimid Duchovny
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Dimid Duchovny @ 2018-01-23 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: msgthr-public

Hello Eric,

msgthr.gemspec reads a file named '.manifest', but it's missing from the repo:
File.read('.manifest').split(/\n/)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <CANKvuDdE2snMe5cMNN6acDAyqTn6DtAj5fGXG=nhBoJhEJhgww@mail.gmail.com>
2018-01-23 20:09 ` [BUG] missing file Eric Wong
2018-01-23 20:22   ` Dimid Duchovny
2018-01-23 20:51     ` Dimid Duchovny
2018-01-23 20:57       ` Eric Wong
2018-01-23 20:04 [Bug] " Dimid Duchovny

msgthr user+dev discussion/patches/pulls/bugs/help

Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror https://80x24.org/msgthr-public

Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.lang.ruby.msgthr
	nntp://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/inbox.comp.lang.ruby.msgthr

 note: .onion URLs require Tor: https://www.torproject.org/
       or Tor2web: https://www.tor2web.org/

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox